Friday, April 8, 2011

Shit happens

I fly solo for a lot of different reasons, but the most important one, is my family life in a small apartment. Flying in fleet needs full attention and dedication from every pilot. I often cannot commit that much. I might have to force quit mid-warp to a target. But sometimes you just long for a bigger fleet.

I was in one of my regular systems when I discovered a Dominix on the directional scanner, obviously doing a mission, since it was not at any celestial bodies. And a young pilot, too. We were the only one in system, but I was in my Rifter and had no probing ship nearby.

Lucky me: A Tusker in a Rifter shows up!

I like the Tuskers, they can be trusted. At least when what you risk is just a Rifter. Have I been killed by Tuskers? Yup. Have I killed any of them? Hmm. Gotta work on that, I think. But this was not a time for a great Rifter duel - it was time to join forces!

I explain the situation and my fellow pirate immediately goes to get a probing ship.

Then shit happens. Literally. Those of you living with kids knows what I am talking about. The rest of you: I will spare you the details. Anyway, I am AFK for at least five, maybe ten minutes. I manage to squeeze in a “sorry family emergency situation” in chat. But by the time I actually get to sit down in front of my computer again, I see the following greeting from the Tusker in local: GF, Saftsuze, u suck dawg :P

A few messages later, it turns out he had warped in on the Dominix expecting me or one of his corpies to show up pretty soon - none of us made it obviously.

I just want to state this: I am really sorry I couldn't follow up on my initiative and I really appreciate that the Tuskers are cool and willing to join in on opportunities like that.

If only real life shit had hit the fan a few minutes earlier, then the Dominix would've felt the stinging pain of being taken down by a few frigates. Shit happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment